Part 2: Healthcare Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection in the Era of COVID-19
Three-Part Series: Cleaning & Disinfection - From Basics to Innovation
In this three-part webinar series, we will lay the foundation for what all Infection Preventionists (IPs) need to know about cleaning and disinfection, build upon the basics to explore how environmental cleaning and disinfection has changed with the pandemic and look to the future to explore innovations that may evolve how IPs address key challenges. This series is great for all infection preventionists but may be especially valuable to those new to the role — in both acute and long-term care.
Webinar Title: Part 2: The Current State of Healthcare Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection in the Era of COVID-19
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe at least 2 ways in which the pandemic changed cleaning & disinfection practices in healthcare facilities
- Recognize a new stewardship framework
- Apply the 5 Rs of cleaning and disinfection in healthcare
- Examine the use of electrostatic disinfection in healthcare settings
The pandemic changed everything, including the way in which healthcare facilities are cleaned and disinfected. We are just over a year-and-a-half in this pandemic and its time to hit the reset button, step back and assess which practices we can stop doing and those that we definitely want to hard-wire.
This webinar will introduce a new evidence-based stewardship framework which highlights the importance of environmental cleaning and disinfection. This framework will lay the foundation for the environmental cleaning and disinfection program.
Participants will learn about:
- Regulatory requirements for environmental cleaning and disinfection in the COVID-era
- A new stewardship framework specific to environmental cleaning and disinfection and why it is important
- Why the current single-pathogen focus is risky
- How to assess their current environmental cleaning and disinfection program and determine which practices can be stopped and those that need to continue
- A novel technology: electrostatic disinfection
The over-arching goal of this webinar is to highlight the importance of environmental cleaning & disinfection beyond COVID-19. An evidence-based approach to assessing the cleaning and disinfection program and that includes adjunct technology such as electrostatic disinfection will be shared.
Event Date / Time: On Demand