Candida auris: An Emerging Threat in Long-Term CareCandida auris: An Emerging Threat in Long-Term Care https://www.cloroxpro.com/resource-center/candida-auris-an-emerging-threat-in-long-term-care/ September 17, 2021 October 22, 2021 https://www.cloroxpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/long-term-care-edu-course.jpg
- Explain the epidemiology of C. auris
- Differentiate C. auris from other antimicrobial-resistant pathogens that can be found in long-term care settings
- Implement surveillance for C. auris into their infection control program
- Select appropriate infection control measures to contain C. auris in eldercare
- Identify the subtleties around cleaning and disinfection for this pathogen in senior care facilities
A little over a decade after it was identified, Candida auris is a growing threat in long-term care and other healthcare settings. It has spread to six of seven continents and has been responsible for several deadly outbreaks. In 2019, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention listed C. auris as an urgent drug-resistant threat with a high mortality rate. Action is needed now to contain this rapidly emerging pathogen, including surveillance, laboratory identification, and infection control measures.
This webinar will provide a review of the scientific literature and evidence-based guidelines for controlling this novel pathogenic fungus, as well as provide key actions that long-term care operators should be doing now.